All Time Best World Series Games

After last night's classic game 6, Mike and Mike were debating, where that extra-inning thriller ranks among the best of all-time.  It definitely ranks among the top 5 in my opinion.

In watching that game I kept thinking about the 1986 game when the Sox needed just one more out.  With 2 outs, everything Boston did blew up in their face.  The ball going threw Buckner's legs wasn't the sole reason they lost that game.  Then they go on to blow the series the next night.

Then there's 1975 and Fisk's home run which forced a game 7.  That series is considered by many to be the best series ever played, but we're talking 1 game here.

I agree with Mike Greenberg, 1991's game 7, with Smoltz vs Morris is the best I ever saw in my lifetime.  Game 7 and we go into the 9th score 0-0.  It doesn't get any better than that.

That's my opinion, what's yours?

0 comments:

Copyright © 2012 FOR BASEBALL JUNKIES.